Welcome event organizers! Thank you for considering hosting an event to benefit the lifesaving work of the Ontario SPCA. Events help to raise funds to support critical Ontario SPCA programs and services.
From BBQs to Garage Sales, Golf Tournaments to Galas no event is too big or too small.
Need some help with your event? Follow these simple steps:
1. Choose your Event: Below is a list of types of events you can plan, but feel free to get creative and come up with something new! When picking your event, be conscious of how much time and resources you have to help you execute your event.
- Sporting Event (Hockey/baseball/Basketball/Soccer/golf tournament)
– Bake Sale
– Theatrical event
– Garage Sale
– Fashion Show
– Pancake breakfast
2. Plan: Planning an event is a lot of work so make sure you have people to help out along the way. It’s a great idea to form an event planning committee that includes people who can focus on the following areas:
- Budget & logistics
- Sponsorship & donations
Ensure you meet with your event committee regularly to support each other to ensure the event is a success!
3. Fundraising Goals & Budget: Identify how much money you hope to raise at your event and create a budget to help you achieve this goal. Remember to keep costs low by sourcing donated items. Try to only spend 10% of your fundraising goal on expenses. For example, if you plan on doing a bake sale and raising $500, try to keep expenses around $50.
4. Determine the Logistics: Pick a date, time and location for your event. Always be mindful of holidays and what other events are happening when you are planning your event. Think about your target audience and how you can cater this event to the desired demographic.
5. Promote your Event: Promote your event through word of mouth, social media, free community calendars, posters, emails, handwritten invites, etc. to ensure people know your event is taking place.
6. Event Day: Alas your event is finally here! All your hard work is ready to be showcased! Enjoy the day while raising funds for a great cause!
7. Reconciliation: After your event, reconcile your funds and arrange for the proceeds to be given to the Ontario SPCA. Also please include a tax receipt list for anyone who donated over $10.
Once you have decided on the event, please register your event by filling out the Third Party Event Form.
If you have any questions, please contact 905-898-7122 ext. 332